mardi 23 septembre 2008

Greater fear than harm

Saturday, i am walking along the beautiful streets of Xi'an, China, when I suddenly felt my purse losing all it's weight. By the time I turned around it was gone, and in the crowd there was no way to figure out who cut the string and took it...

Apart from the money inside was my passeport. F***!!!

Of course the police proved useless, although the encounter with them was funny, both for them and us!
Still it meant i had to go to Beijing to the French Embassy, and hope they would accept to deliver me a new one. The waiting since yesterday was terrible: i was told i couldn't get a new one as it takes 4 weeks and my visa runs out in 10 days; two options were left: either i would get a temporary one, valid for a year, enough for me to finish this trip; either i wouldn't and that meant take a plane back home... in less than a week!

I had a terrible night waiting for the sentence, dreaming I was to come back home today...

Fortunately it was not yet my Karma to come back, and to finish this wonderful experience in such an miserable way!

Indeed i'll get my temporary passeport in one hour, and then i'll be able to get away fron Beijing as fast as i can and start again my journey west!

It was great fear but no harm!

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

bon c'est presque dommage !!!! je m'attendais déjà à te voir à la maison la semaine prochaine ,)
gros bisous et profitez bien de vos dernières semaines de voyage
maman

Anonyme a dit…

parle pas de malheur!

damien

Anonyme a dit…

ouah sympa le fils

Anonyme a dit…

Quoi qu'il en soit, bonne fête mon "petit Daminou" !!!
Maman

Anonyme a dit…

et pitw